Carol and Robert have much to offer:
- Ponder Anew: A WWII Warrior's Story - Storytelling at its finest with live music, the performance is drawn from Carol's father's WWII memoir and performed by Robert and Carol;
- Appalachian Roots - Carol's one-person concert comprising traditional and family songs and stories from her native Western North Carolina mountains;
- Arts in Education and Arts Integration - teaching artistry, consulting, and program design;
- Public Speaking Training - personal, confidential, efficient;
- The book, How to Write Your Own Wedding Vows and Toasts and personal coaching in writing and presenting vows and toasts for this all-important day.
Carol and Robert have been performing arts professionals for over 40 years. Ponder Anew: A WWII Warrior’s Story and the accompanying workshops represent the culmination of their lives as artists and teachers. Taken together, they have acted, sung, and danced in thousands of performances and hundreds of productions.
Carol is an award-winning singer of Americana with a specialty in a cappella balladry and, like her father, is a consummate storyteller. Since 1987, she has worked as an award-winning teaching artist, consultant, and project facilitator in education through the arts. She plays guitar, autoharp, and spoons and has appeared on the Kennedy Center Millennium Stage as well as at dozens of arts centers, schools, and clubs in the United States and in Northern Ireland.
Robert is a theatre director, as well as actor, with a specialty in developing one-person shows, whose work has been seen at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston, in colleges and universities, and in arts centers around the country. His most recent work, Harriet Beecher Stowe: A Literary Soldier, was performed at Bowdoin College as part of the celebration of Harriet’s 200th birthday. He has directed everything from Shakespeare to musicals to Beckett. Robert also teaches public speaking to clients from all walks of life – and directs and produces Carol’s music, concerts, and recordings.
Seasoned professionals in all aspects of theater, Carol and Robert are delighted to be working together to create and perform the powerful and valuable Ponder Anew: A WWII Warrior’s Story.
An outgrowth of their public speaking and teaching artist work, How to Write Your Own Wedding Vows and Toasts was written at the request of wedding professionals and offers step by step, easy to follow directions for writing vows in any style and suitable for any religious or civil ceremony. Toasts and tributes to be offered at all wedding-related events, are given the same careful, loving attention.
Together for 36 years, this married couple works as a team to facilitate life-long learning and creative personal expression with their clients in all of their endeavors.
To make a secure, online, tax-deductible contribution to support the mission of Ponder Anew: A WWII Warrior's Story, please go to: https://www.fracturedatlas.org/donate/6582